Monday, February 5, 2007

The Days of Broken Crockery

I am nto sure when it started, but the first I remember was the plate I had painted myself with the map of the oceans with Antarctica in the middle. It was broken - but that was kinda expected as it was in one of the boxes delivered from the movers…

Yesterday I thougth I was doing good when i washed the dishes in the flat. One of the coke glasses fell ontot he floor and broke into a gazillion pieces. I swore (mildly) and cleaned it up, feelign stink I broke someone elses special glass. I wrapped it in newspaper and popped it in the bin and got back to the dishes and low nad behold the OTHER coke glass leaps off the rack onto the floor and smashes in exactly the same way only MORE.

That time I swore, loudly and not at all mildly and with that tone of “I can’t believe that happened AGAIN!”

So this afternoon I went out to Pinehaven to pick up the remains of my gear after a full on day at work - in rush hour traffic (I did this for reasons I would rather not get into at this juncture) withthe bowl I had taken potato salad to work in (for shared lunch).

I mention this bowl because it is one of two. That I like. Special bowls. Which of course leapt out of the car and smashed into a thousand pieces which I then cut myself on crawling under the car to pick them up at the bottom of a steep driveway because I suddenly heard the sound of brakes failing on gravel on the steep driveway above me and attempted to hurriedly remove myself from under the car where I really did not want to be with what I was sure was an out of control car about to land on top of me.

What will be next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment