Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Truth is Irrelevant

The more I live life the more I lean towards truth being irrelevant.
Perception is all important and it is an individual thing.

Something that is true for me exists as truth in my perception.
You can have a totally different perception that can still be true to you at the same time my totally different and seemingly contradictory truth is true for me.
I think it is cool when people argue that their perception of truth is truth because then these two or more different truths exist simultaneously.
I like to live in a world where simultaneous truths exist. I don't think one person's truth means another person's truth is not true! If it is the perception they are living by it is certainly true for them!

Facts are human perception of truth and not the truth itself.

I think (without having spent too much time thunking on it) that even science doesn't prove real truth. It concludes a best guess at truth based on the knowledge and technology of the humans percieving it. Many of the things science is not able to prove currently are because we as perceiving humans have yet to invent the knowledge, method or technology to perceive it. That does not prove something is not true. When we create new technology (eg: better microscopes or whatever) a new "truth" emerges.

"All roads lead to Rome" and I believe sciences and religions are some of those roads that will lead people, via their own perceptions, to the same destination.

This is my truth.
If it differs from your truth that just proves my truth *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment