Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Birdie, The Chimney AKA the story of hope when all seems lost.

Have had an interesting day.... second full moon in a row in scorpio makes for a blue moon and a crazy weekend, for scorpios at least!
Have had a mix of highs and lows - extremes really, since about noon yesterday... but I accept it's the moon and that somehow makes it easier and not so bad when things happen. That thinking is kinda like believing in Santa. Even if it is true or not.. if you don't believe in Santa you're not likely to get presents from him! (I did say KINDA like it!)

When I got home and sat down for a while, fox (the cat) and I heard and heard a noise and we were thinking .. what it is!!!?! (we often say what it is instead of what is it btw)
And then I thought.. OH NO! a birdie must be in the chimney...

Every now and then we hear a scratching and a flapping... then nothing.
So after a while of mulling on it I went over and I tried to work out what I can do... NOTHING! *sad*
I shook and shook the chimney and the firebox but no noise at all and no birdie fell out.

So I thought we would just have a cold cold night and let nature take it's course.
I left the firebox door open just in case.. so if he did fall out he would not die from fumes! (when I opened the fire for the first time this season there was a dead birdie in there) and then I sat and thought about what it would be like if he did fly out and what he would have to do to make that happen. I could not stop myself thinking this actually.

Then we are sitting and sitting all quietly doing other things and SUDDENLY, without any warning, a birdie flies across the room and into the kitchen blinds!
And then, just as suddenly, a bird flies back across the room and slams into the sliding door and falls to the floor...
and then, the most suddenly of all, FOX CATCHES THE BIRD!

And I say NONO!!!! FOXY, NO!!! He is not for eating, poor birdie, no!
And I carry fox and he carries birdie and we rush to the balcony.
And then I say to let the birdie go now.
And fox says.. hmm I think I might keep him!
And I say, come on.. let birdie go! poor birdie stuckinthechimney!!
And fox says.. no sir, lady!

And so I cover fox's nostrils with my finger,

and then the most suddenly of all , the birdie flies away!

YAH! We shall not be cold and miserable thinking about the birdie in the chimney with no hope!

There are several key features in this story...
Distressing things happen, it's part of the nature of things, and you can sit around thinking miserable thoughts and being hopeless or you can get up and try your hardest (that is me I am talking about...You can bet the bird wasn't thinking that. The bird just tried and tried and tried and tried and tried.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Master Chief John Urgayle(played by Viggo Mortensen): [quoting "Self-Pity" by D.H. Lawrence]


Sometimes when you try your hardest things still don't work out and you can sit around and be miserable or realize you really did your best. You still feel bad but you don't berate yourself for things that are out of your control.

Sometimes, when you have done your best and things don't work out - don't give up coz you don't know what is gonna happen next! The universe can do amazing things and tends to help out those creatures that make an effort to help themselves and do their best!

Never underestimate the power of your thoughts to create exactly what you focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment