Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Guru Purnima

I went with my family (including 2 year old nephew) to the celebration of Guru Purnima (sacred to the memory of the great sage SRI VYASA BHAGAVAN or Sri Krishna Dvaipayana) last night!

The concept is swell! Although not well thought out or delivered where I live.
It is a hindu festival celebrated all over the world during the full moon of july/august.

it's about showing worship to a guru.. but I worship whomever the mood suits.

It manifests in my town as a gathering of mantra singing and you take an instrument and you play and sing and dance to your hearts content.
At the start we have to sit quietly and meditate and hum a mantra... in the middle of this Rain shouts out "SING SHINEYSHINE SING!" *giggles*

I spent most of our time there dancing with Rain (my nephew) - when he wasn't busy playing his guitar!


MAHARISHI VEDA VYASA

No comments:

Post a Comment