Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mountain biking today....

I spent a few hours mountain biking today… although perhaps a better term would be mountain braking, lol!


I have had two serious accidents in my life involving me and the road and the bike . There was an incident with cheap brakes, rain and a curb and there was a time more recently when I was hit by a car. Since that last time I have not been on the bike and the accident shook me up quite a lot. It effected me driving a car for a long time too.
The point being - i have taken to offroad biking and I bike to work whn I can. Both these things I find mentally very challenging. The mind holds on to trauma and works very hard and oftenin subversive ways to prevent any further trauma from happening. The mind speaks very loudly and as it is your own mind it is hard not to listen. It takes a great deal of honesty with oneself and some self reflection to sort out the helpful from the "while I appreciate your intention it's really not working for me anymore".


So .. i went mountain biking but you can perhaps appreciate that for Shine any seemingly ordinary thing is more than that, it's about honesty and trust and personal growth.
Or perhaps you can't see that coz personal growth is not a priority for you and you choose to not find lessons in the goings on of your daily life and you just turned up here to read about mountain biking.
And if you're happy and not struggling and whinging through each day that way, that's ok, you can just look at the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment