Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mayo

One of the things I was planning to do which was gonna be a saving grace was to use potatoes from my garden to make potato salad. YUM... (potatoes are not something I eat outside of cleanse because they are white starchy nightshade family things.. and plus I am addicted to potato chips *giggles*)

I already thought I was a good label reader because I was already looking at labels and being discerning and making choices that were better for me and the environment...I already had a number of products I avoided and ones I looked for for this reason.

So, I went to a few stores and spent a bunch of time scouring labels of different mayos that I could use but tremendous trouble because they all have sugar. So I start lookign at the ones I woudl normally not look at and low and behold... the word sugar not there YAH!
The word corn syrup instead... corn syrup that I avoided precleanse. That being said, yes, corn syrup is a sugar... so a dilemma ensued.

For a whole day, until I realised I had been totally ignoring the part on the label that said EGGS *sigh*.
i think it was because it said "free range egg" which is awesome and I woudl usually be very happy about and write to the company and tell them so..

No potato salad.

1 comment: