Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spinach and Mushroom Pilaf

Something new tonight!
I have been trying to remember a thing I used to make in Timaru that I loved - have not been successful in remembering what it is but I know it had flat leaf parsley in it.
Today while talking food with Beth in the office I found a pilaf recipe and maybe the thing was pilaf... anyway... pilaf for tonight! (recipe link and photo below). It was MEGA YUM. I am really enjoying cooking with spices.
Most of the food I was eating (and I think that a majority of people eat) relies on sugar salt and fat for flavour. Spices are so much more flavourful, healthy, ancient and fun!
it didn't take long to make and I used some things from my garden!

Lunch was corn thins, avocado (one dud) and tomato.. and no humus because for some reason I didn't see it when I opened the fridge at work and thougth I must have taken it home the day before, then when I put the one good avocado half back in, there was the humus, right at the front, where I left it and thought I looked for it (?!) so I just was not meant to have humus today.
















I did add a little of my special smoked garlic salt from the Saturday market man and I only used half a cinnamon stick, (which I almost ate!) he smells so good!! And I have lots of left overs... might take some to work tomorrow. YUM!
Spinach and Mushroom pilaf <--- that is the link to the recipe I used

No comments:

Post a Comment